Springfield, Massachusetts Social Security Disability Insurance attorney, Daniel A. Pava is committed to working aggressively on behalf of those who injured in the workforce. His personal injury and workers' compensation practice means that he has the knowledge and experience to handle your claim from start to finish, and to get you the money you deserve.
For those who are unable to earn a living, the social security administration (SSA) provides an important social safety net.
The social security administration has two different benefits programs available that provide monthly income for the disabled.
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI).
- SSI is a means-based program available not only to the disabled but also the elderly.
- Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI)
- It is available to people who have earned coverage by working and paying into the social security system.
Even if you do everything right, you may find your initial application is one of the majority of benefit claims that is denied. Do not give up when your claim is denied.
There is a four-stage appeals process including:
- Request for reconsideration
- Benefits hearing
- Appeal to the SSA review board
- finally an appeal to federal court
There are strict deadlines with the appeals process and you will want to make sure you can make a solid argument for why you deserve benefits. A Massachusetts SSDI attorney is invaluable in this process in order to have the best chance of getting compensation.
If you are disabled and cannot work, you need to have someone on your side to help you obtain the financial support you need to provide for yourself and your family and to allow you to focus on your health. Call the Law Office of Daniel A. Pava for a Free Consultation to learn more about how we can assist you in getting SSDI benefits.